June 2, GRAD News re Valedictorian and more...
- Hi there King George Grads of 2020:
We are very excited to have a Grad Event Planned for you on Friday, June 19th.
Your assigned time at the school is has been sent to you and your parents by email.
- It is very important that you arrive on time: not too early and definitely not late. About fifteen minutes or so before your assigned time will be best.
- Parking lot is not large; so cars are discouraged, and families must leave the lot immediately after their student is done the Grad walk-through, so that the next families can come.
- Keep social distance at all time, outside the building, please. We request that you only bring 2 guests who will have to remain outside, waiting for you. You’ll enter through the east (parking lot) doors at your assigned time, and your guests will be able to wait for you near but not at the front entrance/exit on Barclay Street.
- Please bring your phone so that you can more easily communicate with your guests to let them know when you’ll be exiting the building: photo opportunity will be there: at the school’s front doors.
We have many teacher and parent volunteers; so we hope we’ll be able to make you all feel as special as you are!
You’ll get your cap, gown, diploma and any scholarships or awards you’ve earned.
- We will also put together a virtual grad with your photo and your one liner, as well as some speeches – including your Valedictory Address from Ryan Ortiz!
- Feel free to call or email Mr. Taylor with questions.
- The June 19, 2020, "walk through grad" at the school will involve Grads coming, by appointment in alpha arranged groups of 15 or less, to have the "ceremony" one at a time.
- Your Grad 2020 Valedictorian is Ryan Ortiz! Congratulations to Ryan and a big thank you to Armita Mokhtari our other candidate. It was a tough choice for our Grads with two excellent candidates.
- For the "virtual grad" we ALSO plan to put Grad photos with the one-liners (what the Grad wants said, as submitted to Ms Alain) into a PowerPoint/Video presentation with the Valedictory address, scholarship awards, and a Principals' address from both Mr. Lauzon and Mr. Taylor: to be released to all students later in June.
King George Grad 2020!
Back to top