King George Secondary is fortunate to have an active and engaged Parent Advisory Council.
PAC meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month in the School Library, on the 2nd floor of the West End Community Centre at 7:00pm promptly.
The PAC plays a very important role in the educational experience of our children. It provides an opportunity for parents to share their observations, advice, or concerns, while at the same time listening to what is occurring in the school and obtaining valuable information on significant educational issues.
The PAC is the opportunity to strengthen the relationship between parents, teachers and administrators. It is your opportunity to hear directly from the Principal, teachers, parents or expert speakers on educational, social and community issues.
What is PAC?
The Parent Advisory Council operates as a non-profit organization.
Purposes of the PAC
The purpose of the Council is to support, encourage and improve the quality of education and the well-being of students in King George Secondary School.
- To advise administration and staff on parents’ views on any matter relating to the school programs, policies, plans and activities;
- To communicate with parents and to promote cooperation between home and school in providing for the education of children;
- To assist parents in accessing the system and to facilitate advocacy support for individual children and their parents;
- To organize PAC volunteer activities and events which support the school;
- To contribute to the effectiveness of the school by promoting the involvement of parents and other community members;
- To work with the administration, staff, parents and community organizations to provide a healthy, safe and supportive environment;
- To provide a forum for the discussion of educational programs and services; and
- To promote a spirit of tolerance and cooperation within the school community.
Further information can be found on the King George PAC website: