For more information about our school's library resource centre, please visit us at:
Teacher-Librarian: Ms. Kam
*King George Library hours are:
8:15 – 4:00 Monday – Thursday
8:15 – 3:30 Friday
(Closed at lunch on Tuesday and Thursday).
*Exceptions to these hours are: exam schedules and supervision, meetings/workshops, collaborative schedules, coaching responsibilities, and professional development days.
King George School Library is located on the second floor of the West End Community Centre. The teacher-librarian is available to help students with their research and information needs. The library houses a variety of resources in its collection: magazines, paperback novels, hardcover fiction, reference material, nonfiction resources, maps, videos/DVDs, and electronic resources (databases, videostreaming, and eBooks).
There are 12 computer workstations with Internet access available to students. Printing and photocopying are available for a small fee.
• Your GO Card is used as your library card.
• Keep your card in a safe place.
• Keep your card from the previous year for the month of September or until you get your new card.
• If you lose your card, report the loss to the office and library ASAP.
SIGNING OUT MATERIALS:
• You will need your card to sign out materials. EVERY TIME!!! So always have it with you when you come to the library.
• Loan Period is two weeks from the date you signed the item out.
• All materials may be signed out except current magazines, reference books and reserve collections for class projects.
• You are responsible for PAYING for LOST or DAMAGED items that you have borrowed.
DO NOT LEND YOUR LIBRARY CARD TO ANYONE. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL MATERIALS SIGNED OUT ON YOUR CARD.