KG Mini School
Parent/Student Information Session
A link to Parent Information Video Parent Information click here.
King George Mini School is a District Enriched Program offered by the Vancouver School Board.
King George Mini School
KG Mini school is an enriched academic and accelerated math program that includes the following highlights:
• 2-Year Cohort (Gr. 8 and 9) within a minimum of 4 academic subjects, and automatic enrollment in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program
• Focused on developing collaborative, creative, critically thinking communicators with a global perspective
• Opportunities for Leadership
• Opportunities for Community Involvement
• Purposeful use of Educational Technology
• 28 students
KG Application Process:
In order to be considered for King George Mini, students will need to hand in a variety of documents. Documents 1,2 and 3 need to be handed in by December 17 through email to firstname.lastname@example.org . They include:
- Complete and submit the KG application form (see resource link in side bar)
- Provide a photocopy of Final grade 6 report card
- Complete the 3-question written response. See application for questions.
- Provide mid-year grade 7 report card (when available). You should receive this report in late January. This document needs to be scanned and sent to email@example.com as soon as you receive it!
- If all of these documents have been handed in, students may receive an interview in February that will occur through Microsoft Teams. Information regarding an interview will be given in late January or early February.
Last note: Don’t forget to apply to the District Mini School General Registry between Nov 9, 2020- Dec 17, 2020. https://govsb.ca/secondary-programs. Please note that you must complete and submit the KG Mini application process (see above), in addition to the District Mini general registry form.
- Early November – Due to the cancellation of our scheduled Mini info night, we will upload an online video presentation to this website. Stay tuned!
- Please apply to the District Mini School General Registry between Nov 9, 2020- Dec 17, 2020. https://govsb.ca/secondary-programs
- December 17th – KG application form is due, along with your Grade 6 Final Report Card and written response questions (see application). Please submit these documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 pm
- Late January – Submit mid - year grade 7 report card. This document needs to be scanned and sent to email@example.com
- February 9,10,11 - Mini School interviews
- February 24h - First offers made (via email)
- March 3rd - Second offers made (via email)