Parent Involvement = Student Success
The Kitsilano Parent Advisory Council (Kits PAC) includes parents and guardians of all Kitsilano students. The purpose of the PAC is to represent parents with the goal of enhancing the education and well being of students in Kitsilano Secondary School. The parent body is an important asset, and parent involvement enriches our school community.
What Does the Kits PAC Do?
- Holds regular PAC meetings throughout the school year. All parents and guardians of Kits students are encouraged to attend.
- Provides information on PAC and school activities using an email newsletter called the PAC e-news.
- Maintains a PAC website.
- Brings in speakers around topics of interest to parents of teens.
- Holds a Grade 8 Parent Welcome coffee hour the first day of school.
- Manages Dial-A-Demon student directory.
- Fund-raises through the KitsNow campaign (collects direct donations from parents) to provide resources for the school that are not provided by the School District.
- With parent, student and teacher input, manages provincial government gaming funds and PAC fund-raised monies to enhance students' educational experience.
- Supports various student council initiatives.
- Helps with the Safe After Grad.
For the School:
- Participates in the School Planning Council to prepare a School Growth Plan for the upcoming school year.
- Created the School Renewal - Seismic Mitigation Committee that actively participates in the planning for seismic upgrading for Kitsilano High School.
- Organizes a Holiday Cookie Bash for Staff.
- Organizes a Staff Appreciation Luncheon.
In the Community:
- Through a representative, liaises with the District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC).
- Through a representative, liaises with Canadian Parents for French (CPF).
Click HERE to visit the Kitsilano Secondary's PAC site!