Parent volunteers run a Safe Arrival Program designed to ensure all students who have been sent to school have arrived safely. If your child is going to be away or late, please do the following:
- Call Safe Arrivals by 9:00am – 604-713-4585. When you hear the message begin Press 1 and leave a message any time of the day or night, just as long as it is before 9:00am of the day they will be late or absent.
- Leave a voice message. Please keep your message short but include the following:
- STUDENT’S FULL NAME
- DIVISION (or teacher’s name if division not known)
- the DURATION OF THEIR ABSENCE
- Have your child go to the Safe Arrivals desk. If your child arrives after 9:00am (after the second bell), make sure they go to the Safe Arrivals desk outside the office. A parent volunteer will add their name to a list and give them a stamp on their hand. The list and the stamp are used only for allowing teachers to cross-check names against their attendance lists (they do not have an influence on the number of late arrivals marked on a report card). If your child arrives after the Safe Arrival volunteers have left, your child should report to the office where the school’s Administrative Assistant will have a list of students who are expected to arrive late that day.
If your child is recorded as absent but no message has been received by Safe Arrivals or the school, a Safe Arrivals volunteer will telephone you to check on your child's whereabouts and ensure you are aware he/she is absent. If you cannot be reached, it may be necessary to telephone the emergency contacts listed with the school.
Taking your child out of school during the school day
If you take your child out of school after your child has been recorded as present for that day, you must sign your child out at the office, even if you are only taking your child home for lunch. When your child returns, he/she should sign in again at the office