School Education Programs
Each school follows the Ministry of Education's provincially-prescribed curriculum.
As well, students' education needs are supported through a variety of services
and programs including locally developed initiatives, school resource centres,
learning service teams, counselors, learning assistance centres, English as a
Second Language assistance, and access to educational psychologists and
Beaconsfield Elementary School involves all students in a school-wide Guided Reading program. Students are grouped across classes based on reading ability level. They are actively engaged in reading fiction and non-fiction just above their comfort level. Student progress is monitored through regular classroom assessments, DRA and RAD assessments, and School wide Writes.
Other programs at Beaconsfield include:
- Early Learning Initiatives
- Ready, Set, Learn
- Welcome to Kindergarten
- Student Services/Programs
- 1 to 1 Volunteer Reading Program
- Gladstone Leadership students - year to year program
- Lunchtime Services/Programs
- Intramurals - Gr. 7
- Cedar Cottage Leadership & Social Responsibility Clubs
- After School
- Gladstone Community School Teams Programs
Contact Us today to learn about how you can be a part of our school.