At Lord Byng Secondary School we provide a safe learning community that enables students to challenge their intellectual and creative abilities and allows them to meet their full potential as citizens.
SCHOOL GOALS and OBJECTIVES
Goal # 1: To strengthen mindfulness, resilience, and balance in our school community.
- To improve students' connection to the classroom, to the school and to the community.
- To support the development of positive mental health and balance in our community.
- To promote the development of non-cognitive skills (self-control, optimism, curiosity, persistence, grit), a sense of passion and purpose, and a resilient, growth mindset at Byng.
- To engage students intellectually in learning that is relevant, authentic and meaningful to them.
Goal # 2: To increase knowledge, acceptance, empathy, awareness and appreciation of Indigenous histories, traditions, cultures and contributions among all members of our school community.
- To ensure students have increased access to Indigenous resources at Lord Byng
- To support the inclusion of Indigenous ways of knowing in classrooms
- To identify community needs and look for additional opportunities to develop partnerships with Indigenous community organizations
- To seek out partnerships with Indigenous community groups interested in working with our staff and students on various projects
Lord Byng School Profile
Please see attached. LB School Profile.pdf