Career Education 9 Course Description September 2019
Career Education 9 (CE 9) is a provincially mandated subject for all Grade 9 students. At Lord Byng, this course is offered off-timetable. Students do NOT meet formally on a Day 1, Day 2 basis during a specific block as they do for other school subjects. However, students are responsible for participating in all learning opportunities and completing all assignments.
The Career Education program is designed to help students better understand themselves and others, as well as the rapidly changing workplace in order to be better equipped to become successful contributors to society when they leave Lord Byng Secondary.
Career Education 9 is based on the following three components, which will be delivered through English classes, workshops, and grade presentations: 1) Personal Development; 2) Connections to the Community; and 3) Life and Career Plan.
At the end of this course, successful students will have acquired some tools and resources for making informed decisions about future careers and healthy lifestyle choices.
CE 9 Course Evaluation
Participation and assignments from the following areas:
- Career Education Conference – 2 day workshops
- Career Fair
- My Blueprint
- Take Our Kids To Work Day
- Course Planning
- Assembly Presentations
Ms. M. Smith
Career Education 9 (CE 9)
My Blueprint Assignment DUE DATE: Friday, October 25th 2019
- Student Account Login Steps
- Use Google Chrome. Visit www.myBlueprint.ca/sd39
- Click School Account Log In
- Login with your VSB username (student #@learn.vsb.bc.ca) and password
Your password is the same password you use on all school accounts i.e. MyEd, Library login, etc.
Please note, if you need to reset a password you must use three words separated by a period. Example, mary.mary.mary Scroll down to change password and click on it.
- Go to Class Activities. Click on it to see 5 survey assignments.
- Start and Complete each of the 5 surveys starting with Who Am I. Read through each statement carefully and rank them thoughtfully.
- Ensure you have added a thoughtful reflection at the end of each survey!
2. Once a survey is completed, click on the Add to Portfolio button
3. Create ONE Portfolio entitled CE 9. Have all your work in this one CE 9 Portfolio.
Take Our Kids to Work Day Wednesday, November 6th, 2019
Take Our Kids to Work Day, taking place on Wednesday, November 6th, 2019, is an annual event where students step into their future for a day and get a glimpse into the working world. The day involves students in Grade 9 spending the day in the workplace of a parent, relative, friend or volunteer host, where they experience and learn about the world of work. Please visit The Learning Partnership website for more information.
Take Our Kids to Work Day Information Letter
Take Our Kids to Work Day Permission Form (Due October 24th)
Take Our Kids to Work Day Student Evaluation (Due November 7th)
Ms. M. Smith (Grade 9 Counsellor)