Advanced Placement Courses & Exams
Advanced Placement (AP) is a program of college-level courses and exams for secondary school students. AP courses challenge interested students by providing exciting in-depth opportunities. The standards, curricula and exams are set by the American College Board. These courses also provide an opportunity for students to distinguish themselves for their academic excellence and enhance their opportunities for entrance scholarships to universities.
Find out why you should consider signing up for AP courses or writing AP exams, or contact your Counsellor.
The dates are set by the College Board. Details can be found on the College Board Website.
VSB AP Exam Information & Schedule can be found HERE
Byng students have typically participated in these exams:
- AP Computer Science
- AP English Literature / Composition
- AP Calculus
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art
- AP French
Students who wish to write are required to pay the examination fee.
October 2020 update:
Advanced Placement (AP) Exams Registration and Fees. Congratulations on enrolling in an Advanced Placement Course at Lord Byng Secondary. To register for your AP exam, you must complete the following steps:
1. Order an AP Exam via MyAP
- Sign into myap.collegeboard.org
- Use the access codes provided by your AP teacher(s) to join your AP class section(s).
- Under “Order Exam?” change “Undecided” to “Yes”
- If not ordering an AP exam, change “Undecided” to “No”
- Deadline for AP Calculus, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature and Composition, AP French Language and Culture, AP Drawing and AP 2D Art and Design: November 6th, 2020
- Deadline for AP Statistics: March 5th, 2021
2. Pay AP Exam Fee online using the vsb.schoolcashonline.com system (see Lord Byng website for more information on this system)
- For AP Calculus, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature and Composition, AP French Language and Culture, AP Drawing and AP 2D Art and Design: Payment window will be open for AP exam payment between October 19th and November 6th, 2020
- For AP Statistics: Payment window will be open for AP exam payment between February 15th and March 5th, 2021
- AP Exam Fee: $140
Advanced Placement Exam Schedule Exam Date Time:
- AP Calculus AB Tuesday, May 4th 8:00 am
- AP Computer Science A Thursday, May 6th 12:00 pm
- AP English Literature and Composition Wednesday, May 5th 8:00 am
- AP French Language and Culture Monday, May 10th 8:00 am
- AP Statistics Thursday, May 13th 12:00 pm
- AP Drawing Portfolio Submission Final Deadline: Fri, May 7th (Portfolios need to be completed before this date.)
- AP 2D Art and Design (Portfolios need to be completed before this date.)
For students not enrolled in an AP class at Lord Byng please visit the VSB website for more information. https://www.vsb.bc.ca/Student_Learning/Secondary/Advanced_Placement_Exams/Pages/Default.aspx