Community Service 11 Student Duties
(for CS 11 Students assigned to Counsellors)
Report in & out to Gr. 11 Counsellor for attendance (if you are absent please bring a note next day)
Ask all counsellors if they have anything that needs to be done.
Empty recycling bins from Counselling Suite and Counsellors’ offices.
- straighten out chairs
- throw away garbage
- take forgotten items to lost & found (coffee mugs, water bottles)
- organize/sharpen coloured pencils and books on the table
- Occasionally, wipe the table down (see McKay for wipes)
- Update and/or suggest what students may like to see on the bulletin boards
- Disgard outdated posters
- Organize university catalogues
Study Time: When all duties are done, please find a quiet activity (studying)
Confidentiality: You are in a privileged position and may be exposed to confidential information and vulnerable students. Your discretion is required at all times. You may not dicuss with peers or anyone other than a counsellor anything you hear or witness.
*Please note there are certain times of the year in which you will be very busy for the full block (course planning, timetable building, etc.)
It is a good idea to let the Grade 11 Counsellor know what you have done or are working on as this person enters your grade.