Wed Jan 26, Thu Jan 27, Fri Jan 28, Tue Feb 1
As part of this semester transition, we are introducing a new learning opportunity for students to develop their skills, intellectual curiosity and personal values. We will be hosting over 130 workshops, classes, field trips and assemblies as part of our 'Magee Personal Growth Week'. These sessions include topics such as mental health, social media safety, substance abuse, nutrition, gender and sexuality, healthy relationships, cyberbullying, environmental stewardship, social justice, mindfulness, and crisis intervention. We will also host assemblies and workshops on Indigenous education and Black history. You will have an opportunity to take art, music, dance, and athletic classes as well as several education fields trips.
This 4-day event will serve as a further opportunity to engage you with the BC Curriculum’s core competencies of intellectual development, communication, and individual and social identity. We will also work towards meeting our school goals of providing each student opportunities to experience growth and success, fostering global citizenship and environmental stewardship, and increasing knowledge, acceptance, empathy, awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal histories, traditions, cultures, and contributions.
- All students must sign-up for a minimum of 10 workshops during the 4 days (5 for Sparts). You will receive attendance cards, that will be signed by the supervising teacher.
- Teachers may run regular classes or tutorials during the 4 days. These classes take priority. Each class you attend, counts as 1 workshop (teacher must sign attendance card)
Numeracy and Literacy Exams take priority. Each exam you write counts for 2 workshops. (EXAMS CANCELLED)
- If you are not in a session, you are expected to study, read, or work independently. You must remain at Magee during school hours.
- There will be over 130 workshop sessions that will be continuously posted from Dec 16th to January 21st
- There are enough seats for every student to register for 10 workshops. If you are not able to find 10 spots, wait for more workshops to be posted.
- Check the “All Students” Team for more information and to ask questions.
Register Here: https://outlook.office365.com/...
PDF Documents: Brochure, Instructions and Updated List of Workshops