In case you missed our virtual information session in October, please watch the Magee SPARTs Information Session Video.
Students considering applying to the SPARTS program:
- need to be in 25 or more hours of supervised, Mon-Fri training, with certified coaches/instructors
- need to be performing at an elite level (provincial/national ranking, etc.), and have evidence of performance
- need to have G and E work habits
- should have good academic achievement and excellent organizational skills
- two years of documented performance/competition required
New SPARTS applicant registration information
- Gr. 7 students already in a Vancouver School Board elementary school will have their information sent to their catchment secondary school; please bring the completed SPARTS application package directly to Magee
- Gr. 8-12 VSB students should bring a completed SPARTS application package directly to Magee
- Independent school applicants should apply to their VSB English catchment school online, bring supporting VSB documentation to their English catchment school and bring the SPARTS application package directly to Magee
- Out of district students NEW to the Vancouver School Board applicants should apply to Magee Secondary directly, and bring a completed SPARTS application package, VBE Student Application form and a copy of the birth certificate directly to Magee VBE Student Registration Form
- International Students need to apply to the Vancouver School Board's International Office, and request the Magee SPARTs program
Downloadable forms and presentations:
2021-22 SPARTs Application Package- please see the Resources section on the left side of this page.
Important SPARTS Dates:
Monday October 19, 2020 @ 6pm: Magee Grade 7 Parent/Guardian Information Night, SPARTs Presentation @7pm (watch for the MS Teams link!)
Thursday, December 17, 2020 @ 4pm: SPARTS Applications Due
SPARTS Students In The News
Rachel Wang has won Pre-Novice Women's Silver Medal at the 2020 BC Winter Games!
Amy Shao earned her National Competition Title as:
2020 Canadian Figure Skating Championships Novice Women Champion!
Izzy Fraser Made The Field Hockey Canada Women's National Team!
Zack Moldowan fought >span class="ms-rteFontFace-5 ms-rteFontSize-3"> a fever to take 3rd place in his weight class at the 2018 Western Canadian Age Class Wrestling Championships!
Maya Chandrashekaran competed in Youth America Grand Prix, finishing in the Top 12 for Classical Ballet and in 2nd place for Contemporary Ballet, as one of the youngest competitors in the 12-14 age group!
Our fingers are crossed for the Maya, as she has been placed on a waitlist for the NYC finals in April! In addition to her recent performances, she has been admitted to summer programs with the National Ballet School in Toronto, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School, the Pacific Northwest Ballet School and Cincinnati Ballet.
Alan Liulan Liu at the 2016 GFA Senior Competition, Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, and in the Richmond News.