Trudeau Elementary has a long and colourful history. The first school,
the North Arm School, was built in 1885, which is now the south-eastern area of
Vancouver. In 1912, the first Walter Moberly Elementary School was constructed
at Ross Street and East 59th Avenue. The original two-room school was used as
the "annex" until the new Moberly School was constructed at the present site
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Elementary School officially opened its doors as a new
facility in September 2002, adding 100 students in grades 4-7 to our school
The staff and students from the school previously known as Moberly Annex
welcomed the new intermediate students and teaching staff. In January 2003 we
moved into the new classrooms, and administration wing, library,
gym, multipurpose room and computer lab. Everyone was very excited to unpack
and settle into the beautiful new school.
In September of 2018, we welcomed one of the district primary autism programs
to our school. This program has now been renamed the CORE program (Communication and Regulation). In September 2020, we welcomed the Mandarin Bilingual Program to Trudeau. The program is gradually being relocated here from Jamieson Elementary.