- Before school - 8:40-9:00 am
- After school - 3:00-3:30 pm
Databases links are now on the Home Page of every school's VSB Library site after you login. Look for the VSB Library icon on your desktop or use https://library.vsb.bc.ca to get to the library system page.
- Go to your school's new library site
- Login: both teachers and students need to login in order to use the databases.
Teachers: Use the same username and password for VSB login
Students: Use your student number and the password is "student"
Click on the database you want to use:
Optional: you can use the databases toolbar to display filter databases by grade and/or language. There is Quick Tips link that's worth checking every once in a while.
Login to individual databases is no longer required after you login to Destiny at school
**After logging into VSB Library, authentication to most databases becomes automatic with very few exception. Some vendors provide an optional personalized account for access to additional tools.
E.g. Learn360 and National Film Board Campus
The Legal Stuff
Database vendors agreed to remove login based on the understanding that VSB will put these links behind a password protected page. Please do not allow Guest access to your library site's Home Page.
Will you ever be asked to login?
- You are not at school - in which case you can refer to Password List for login information (most sites use "39sy" and "library")
- You are not using the icons and links on your Destiny Library Home Page
- You are using personalized feature that some database provided e.g. NFB Campus, Learn360, etc
- You are using a website that the district did not purchased license for