LITERACY AND EDUCATION
1) Tupper Secondary School and Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
Homework club at Tupper in the cafeteria every Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-6 pm. Contact Lauren at email@example.com or Kim Kwan at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Vancouver Public LIbrary
Take My Word for It
Indigenous hip hop/rap star Ronnie Dean Harris is leading spoken word workshops at Strathcona, Hastings, Ray Cam, and Britannia library branches. Program runs October-November 2015. Dates vary based on location. Please contact Ariel, Teen Librarian at Ariel.email@example.com to register and for more info.
Teen Book Club
Once a month, youth come together to read popular young adult fiction at the Terry Salman Library Branch.
3) Vancouver School Board - Engaged Immigrant Youth Program
English club every Monday at the DRPC. Please contact Vicky Ma for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
LIFE SKILLS AND HEALTH
1) Mount Pleasant Community Centre
Girls Cooking Group. Every Friday night, 13-16 year old female youth can attend a cooking club. Please contact JJ for more information. Jon.email@example.com
2) Hillcrest Community Centre
After school baking club for high school youth to practice healthy eating and cooking skills.
3) Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
Friday Night Drop In - Youth Cooking Activity
- On the last Friday of the month, youth come together to cook, socialize and eat a meal together. The entire event is youth-led. Youth will also obtain volunteer hours for the cooking activity. Please contact Thanh at 604-809-8202 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for more information.
RECREATION AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION
1) Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
Our City Our Home
Our City Our Home is a recreation-based program for newcomer youth to explore the City of Vancouver. It takes place on Saturday and will run until December 2015. Please contact Thanh at 604-809-8202 or email@example.com to register and for more information.
The Spot is our Friday night drop in program for all high school youth. Every Friday from 3:30-6:30 pm. Youth will do a variety of fun activities including: field trips, sports, games, movies, art, and cooking. Please contact Thanh at 604-809-8202 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for more information.
2) Mount Pleasant Community Centre
- Open gym is available for all high school youth Monday - Thursday 3-5 pm.
3) Vancouver Public Library
Youth drop in
- The VPL welcomes youth during library hours. Youth are encouraged to come to the library to socialize with their peers over access to books and computers.
4) Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
Early Years Physical Literacy program please call 604-879-7104
5) More Sports & After School Programming ~ Tupper Community School Team
Mini Moresports ~ Fall/Winter/Spring programs
- Sports programs for youth grades 1-3
- Saturday 9am-5 pm @ Dickens, Nightingale and McBride for all youth to play sports on the weekend
After school programs ~ including literacy, nutrition, piano lessons, arts, dance
- For grades 1-3 after school from 3-5 pm at local elementary schools TBD for all Moresports programs contact email@example.com
6) Hillcrest Community Centre
- After school open gym program for all youth to attend.
Friday night open gym
- Gym open late Friday night for all youth to attend.
Saturday Youth Fit Club contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Vancouver School Board - Engaged Immigrant Youth Program
Thursday Afterschool Program
- Every Thursday after school at Tupper. There are workshops, activities, individual and group support for newcomer youth. For Newcomer youth gr. 10-12. Contact v
2) Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
Monday Afterschool Program
- Every Monday after school at Tupper. For newcomer youth grades 8-12. Youth can come do homework, eat snacks, attend workshops, access settlement services for them and their family, and learn about community resources available to them. Please contact Thanh at 604-809-8202 or email@example.com to register and for more information.
3) Vancouver Public Library
Teen ESL Book Club
- Every other Monday at Oakridge Library contact