INCOMING GRADE 8 PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT FOR THE 2019/2020 SCHOOL YEAR
In addition to the parent night advertised above, the Tupper Articulation Team (including Leadership students and Guidance Counsellors) will be visiting our Elementary Family ofSchools (Brock, Nightingale, Wolfe, Dickens, McBride and Livingstone) in January.
Students registered in our regular Grade 8 program are scheduled in the following 8 courses:
1. English 8
2. Social Studies 8
3. Math 8
4. Science 8
5. Physical Education 8
6. French 8
7. Applied Skills 8 *
8. Fine Arts 8 ** (May include Drama, Choir, Dance or Art in a Rotation)
Beginning Band and Intermediate Band
* Applied Skills 8 - is a required elective for all grade 8’s which includes three twelve week courses:
- Business Education
- Technology Education Studies
- Home Economics
To apply to Tupper if you are currently attending a NON VSB school, you need to complete the online registration by following this link: ONLINE REGISTRATION
Grade 7 students who have been accepted to Tupper are invited to attend the Grade 7 Welcome Tour on April 26th, 2019 from 9:30am - 11:30am.
A new ONLINE cross-boundary application is being developed and will be available on February 1st, 2019. This application will be available on the VSB website.
Once live, the online form will be available at the following address:
Student Registration - VSB
Students living outside the Tupper catchment boundary (see link below) must complete the online form and then submit it (along with requested documentation) ;directly to the desired school . Vancouver schools will be accepting cross-boundary applications from February 1st - February 28th, 2019.
Cross Boundary Forms must accompany the VSB Online Application Form, along with a copy of Birth Certificate, Proof of Address, and most recent copy of Report Card.
VSB School Boundary Link
Grade 8 students registering for the 2019-2020 school year must provide our Records Clerk the following documents:
- Proof of address in the form of (a) recent property tax notice (b) home telephone/TV bill and (c) hydro/gas bill or a rental agreement
- Copy of most recent report card
- Student's birth certificate from birth country
- Proof of legal guardianship or custody (if applicable)
- VSB Cross Boundary Form (if living outside the Tupper catchment area)
- Copy of immunization record (only if coming from a school outside the Vancouver School District)