Is this a Sunflower? Exploring the school garden during an Earthbites workshop!
Dear Laurier Families,
The advent of Thanksgiving brings us all a moment of reflection to count the many blessings we have in our lives. Every day, here at Laurier, I am touched by what I see. From our resilient students and the incredible devotion of our staff and their special ability to inspire our children, no matter the circumstances, to the genuine support of our parents and community, I have a lot to be thankful for.
At Laurier, we are thankful for (please click on the hyperlinks for photos):
- Our new SOAR Logo on the North East Outside Wall: Thank you Laurier PAC for sponsoring this logo. As our Laurier Eagles continue to SOAR at school each day, being Supportive, Open-Minded, Awesome and Respectful, this logo reflects our school spirit in our community and neighbourhood.
- Our new Water Bottle Filling Station: VSB has installed a water bottle filling station on the lower floor of our school. Our students can now use this touchless water dispenser to fill their bottles.
- Our Outdoor Classroom: This space creates the best place for our students to engage in outdoor learning, while physically distanced. Thanks Laurier PAC for sponsoring our outdoor classroom.
- Monday, October 12: Thanksgiving Day - School closed
- Thursday, October 15: Big Shake Out - Earthquake drill @10:15am
- Wednesday, October 21: Virtual PAC meeting @6:30pm
- Friday, October 23: Provincial Professional Development Day - School closed for students
Message from Laurier PAC:
Munchalunch Credits - The PAC Hot Lunch team would like to remind parents of the October 12th deadline for requesting a refund. Please see the reminder email for more information.
Wishing you blessings of health and happiness this Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful long weekend!
Sir Wilfrid Laurier Elementary School