Grade 12 students are encouraged to download the Sir Winston Churchill school app to receive the most up-to-date external scholarship opportunity notifications. Notifications will be posted under the "News" tab of the school app.
Churchill internal scholarships will be determined by the SWC Scholarship Committee.
2019-2020 District Authority Scholarships
Applications for the 2019-2020 District Authority Scholarships have now closed.
Marpole-Oakridge Community Association Awards
There are three awards being offered to the students this year, they are the following:
- Community Leadership Award (one award only of $1000)
- Leadership & Sportsmanship Award (two awards of $500 each)
Please note that the application deadline for the Marpole-Oakridge Community Association Awards is Friday, April 3. Please drop off your completed application at the front office of the Marpole-Oakridge Community Centre or submit by email to email@example.com with the subject line "2020 MOCA Youth Award".
Students are able to apply for both awards but will only be eligible to receive one award.
GORDON ANDERSON MEMORIAL BURSARY
Please find below a link to the application form for three $500 bursaries that the Vancouver Firefighter Charities is offering to graduating students from Vancouver Public Secondary Schools.
These bursaries are being offered to students in good standing who have contributed strongly to the school community.
Please note the deadline of May 22, 2020.
LINK TO BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS:
DR. KATHARINE BORGEN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Please find attached information and student applications for the Dr. Katharine Borgen Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship is open to graduating VSB students who excel in Mathematics and are planning post-secondary studies in Mathematics or Mathematics Education. Dr. Katharine Borgen Memorial Scholarship Info
PHILIP PAULSON SCHOLARSHIP
- click here for the application: Philip Paulson Scholarship Info
This educational scholarship was established by the Paulson family and Professional and Administrative Staff Association of the Vancouver School Board in honour of the late Phillip Paulson, Director of Planning and Facilities, VSB. Phil was passionate about public education and is remembered by those who came to know him for the outstanding contributions he made. He conducted his professional and personal life in accordance with his values and beliefs:
• honesty, integrity, loyalty, caring, understanding, and willingness to help others.
• leadership, creativity, vision, perseverance, and commitment to ensuring Vancouver School Board facilities meet the needs of students and staff.
• Inspiring and dedication to helping young people, and was an excellent role model, especially in his volunteer coaching with a variety of community sports groups.