March 24, 2020
ATTENTION ALL CURRENT PRELUDE STUDENTS IN MS. DESCHNER'S CLASSES.
I have emailed you all about FLIP 2 and some other updates. Please let me know if you have any trouble receiving it.
Note: Important changes to dates for admission letters below.
Prelude is an enriched school program - not a district program. Only students in the Churchill catchment may be admitted to the Prelude Program.
Prelude has never been affiliated with IB - it is not a Middle Years or Pre-IB program.
For details about IB (Grade 11 and 12), please visit the IB page
2020 Schedule of Events
8 January 2020:
- Prelude Information Night in the Auditorium at SWC, 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Prelude Learner Profile: Prelude Learner Profile
10 January 2020:
21 January 2020:
- Application forms due by 9:00am in the Main Office or the IB Office (the date in the agenda is incorrect)
- Plus $20.00 processing cost
30 January 2020:
- Entrance exam 12:45 - 3:03pm
28 February 2020:
- Placement offers given out at 3:10 pm in the second floor Superlab (Science wing)
- 10 students will be admitted at a time
- Letters must be opened outside of the classroom
- If you are unable to attend, please drop by room 219 on Monday, March 2nd at lunch to pick up your letter.
4 March 2020:
- Confirmation of acceptance + program fee (TBD) is due
Please note that we will offer admission to the students on the waitlist on a rolling basis if space and suitability allow.