The return from Spring Break is not how we intended to start the last term of the school year. However with the suspension of regular in-school instruction throughout the province, it means that how learning will take place will be different.
School is closed to students, families and the public until further notice. Please do not visit the school at this time. The health and safety of our community of staff, students and families is the top priority.
In the coming weeks, staff will be working to develop plans for staying connected to and providing support to students and families, and for providing continued learning opportunities while students remain at home. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and assistance during this time.
The following are plans for the upcoming week and ways for you to stay connected to the school. A list of government resources is also provided.
March 30 - April 3
- School staff will be making contact with students and families.
- Information will be shared with families about when and how students will be able to visit the school to pick up their belongings and school materials to be able to continue learning at home.
- Students participating in the VSB Lunch Program have been contacted and will be able to pick up their lunch each school day.
- The District will continue to keep families informed of matters related to the COVID-19 response. For more information, please visit the district website at www.vsb.bc.ca.
Information will be shared through our regular school communication tools:
BC Government Resources
• BC Learning Resources www.openschool.bc.ca/KeepLearning
• Ministry of Education FAQs www.gov.bc.ca/SafeSchools/
• Mental Health and Online Safety Support www.erase.gov.bc.ca
• Kids Helpline – 1-800-668-6868
• COVID-19 Updates www.gov.bc.ca/COVID19
• BC Centre for Disease Control (COVID-19 health info.) http://www.bccdc.ca/
• Non-medical COVID-19 Questions – 1-888-COVID19
• COVID-19 Online Assessment Tool https://covid19.thrive.health