I. Scholarship Bulletin for Students Compiled by Ms. Rajkumar
scholarship-opportunities-sponsored-by-external-organizations 2020-2021 Updated on Jan 15 2021.pdf
II. Windermere Scholarship Program Criteria
1) To be eligible for Windermere’s Scholarship program, students must complete and submit the Windermere Scholarship Application form.
2) Scholarship consideration will be given to students who are enrolled in 6 Windermere classes in their grade 12 year.
3) The following courses will not be used in GPA calculations: Peer Tutoring, Community Service, Academic Strategies, and Work Experience
4) The committee may consider applications of students with fewer than 6 classes in exceptional circumstances like participating in the ACE-IT program
5) Top Scholar award: Top Scholar Award is given to the student who has the highest average in English 12 AND five of the following courses which must all be taken at Windermere:
- Math: Pre-Calculus 12, Calculus 12, Foundations 12
- Modern Languages: French 12, Spanish 12, Mandarin 12
- Science: Chemistry 12, Physics 12, Anatomy & Physiology 12
- Social Studies: History 12, Geography 12, Law 12, Comparative Cultures 12
Windermere Scholarship Program (2019-2020)
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the scholarship application process and deadlines have been revised. Please read below for changes.
Each year, through the support of generous school, district and community donors, Windermere Secondary awards thousands of dollars in scholarships to graduating students. These scholarships recognize student excellence and achievement in a variety of areas including but not limited to academics, arts, athletics, trades, school and/or community service, leadership, financial need, excellence in a chosen field of study, etc. All Grade 12 Windermere students are invited and encouraged to complete and submit an online 2020 Windermere Scholarship Application form.
To be considered for any school or district scholarships, a completed online 2020 Windermere Scholarship Application form must be completed and all supplemental forms must be submitted by email to the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday, April 30, 2020.
The link to the online application form will be available starting on March 9, 2020. Click here to access the online form.
PREPARING YOUR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION:
When completing the online application, you are not able to save your information and continue at a different time. It is recommended that you use the attached DRAFT Windermere Scholarship Application 2020 document to gather your information in advance of completing the online application.
In addition to the online scholarship application, there are 3 supplemental forms (see attached).
- School and Community Activity Sheet (Required)
- Statement of Financial Need form (If Applicable)
- District/Authority Scholarship Self-Nomination (If Applicable)
Please note, for verification of marks for the District/Authority Scholarship, a teacher name and email are required instead of a teacher signature.
DRAFT Windermere Scholarship Application 2020.pdf
Windermere School & Community Activity Sheet.pdf
Windermere Statement of Financial Need.pdf
Windermere District-Authority Scholarship Self-Nomination.pdf