Job training is a program that integrates classroom learning with practical experience in the workplace. The program links resources of secondary schools, business/industry and community to provide youth with diverse abilities with a highly motivating educational experience.
- provide career exploration opportunities
- develop entry-level employment skills
- introduce workplace procedures and communication
- identify and teach safety practices in the workplace
- practice appropriate behavioral and social skills in a work environment
Referrals are submitted to the Work Experience Transition Facilitator in Career Programs through school-based case managers.
Contact for further details
Derek McQuillen District Work Experience Transition Facilitator
Student Success Story
Two students with diverse needs at Magee Secondary School had the opportunity to participate in work experience this year read more