A letter to all Work Experience Employers from Rob Schindel, Associate Superintendent
Job training is a program that integrates classroom learning with practical experience in the workplace. The program links resources of secondary schools, business/industry and community to provide youth with diverse abilities with a highly motivating educational experience.
- provide career exploration opportunities
- develop entry-level employment skills
- introduce workplace procedures and communication
- identify and teach safety practices in the workplace
- practice appropriate behavioral and social skills in a work environment
Referrals are submitted to the Work Experience Transition Facilitator in Career Programs through school-based case managers.
Derek McQuillen District Work Experience Transition Facilitator
Student Success Story
- Two students with diverse needs at Magee Secondary School had the opportunity to participate in work experience this year >read more