International students may choose to participate in homestay with a local family while enrolled in a Vancouver public school.
- students experience Canadian culture, customs, expectations
- safe, friendly host family program provided for over 20 years
- orientation information session
- custodianship available, if requested
- support and supervision by homestay co-ordinator
- airport pickup possible upon request
Host families provide:
welcoming, friendly environment caring host parents private bedroom study area with window three meals a day
Families in Vancouver may apply to host international students by contacting the Langara College Homestay Office.
How to apply for homestay
- Complete the application process for the VSB international program and pay tuition and medical insurance fees.
- Homestay brochure and application form will then be sent to student. Complete the homestay application form and fax it to the homestay office, with homestay fees.
- A host family placement will be made, according to school location and other preferences as closely as possible.
- Students will receive a profile of their host family, with contact information.
The homestay program is co-ordinated with the Langara College homestay office.
- Registration and placement fee: $550
- Annual Administrative Fee: $300
- Host family fee: $1,100 per month
- Daily homestay fee if less than a month: $36 per day
- Custodian (if required) fee: $525
- Airport pick-up fee: C$120 (payable in advance)
Please refer to the detailed homestay information and application form, available upon request from the international office.