Newcomer Welcome Centre (NWC) Online Registration Information
Please register through this site only if:
- your child was born outside of Canada
- your primary language at home is not English
- you and your child are currently residing in Vancouver, and you have a confirmed address in Vancouver - a space at a catchment school can only be confirmed once your child resides in the catchment area
If your child was born in Canada and English is their first language, you will need to register on a different portal. Please click here to learn more about that process.
If you complete the incorrect form, you will have to re-submit the correct one.
Please read prior to starting your application
Applications for the 2021 – 2022 school year are accepted on an ongoing basis.
If your child was born in 2017, you can register your child for Kindergarten after November 1, 2021.
child is a CURRENT VSB student, and has an address change, please contact your current school - DO NOT submit a new registration form.
Please click here to review other Frequently Asked Questions.
Please click here to watch tutorials on how to complete our online application. If you require additional support please contact either our Multicultural Liaison Workers or Settlement Workers in Schools teams.
After you complete the online registration process, you will be required to appear in person at the NWC with your child and your original documents. A registrar will contact you for this appointment. Please note, NWC visits are by appointment only due to Covid-19 precautions.
In order to receive all correspondence from us regarding your registration status:
- ensure your email address is correct on your application
- check your SPAM/JUNK mail
- add email@example.com to your contact address book
- update the location of your email settings to either Canada or North America
Click on the button below to start your registration: