Newcomer Welcome Centre (NWC) Online Registration Information
Who should register online through the NWC?
- Grade 1 to Grade 12 students born in Canada, and who do not speak English as their home language.
- Kindergarten to Grade 12 students born outside Canada, regardless of language spoken at home.
- Parent or legal guardian is neither Canadian nor Permanent Resident
If your child was born in Canada and English is their first language, you will need to register on a different portal. Please click here to learn more about that process.
If you complete the incorrect form, you will have to re-submit the correct one.
IMPORTANT - Please read prior to starting your application
- Please only submit your registration once you are living in Vancouver, and you have a confirmed address in Vancouver - a space at a catchment school can only be confirmed once your child resides in the catchment area.
- Please click here to review other Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you require additional support please contact either our Multicultural Liaison Workers or Settlement Workers in Schools teams.
- If your child is a CURRENT VSB student, and has an address change, please contact your current school - DO NOT submit a new registration form.
Applications for the 2021 – 2022 school year
- Accepted on an ongoing basis
Applications for the 2022 - 2023 school year
- Accepted as of November 1, 2021
**The NWC will be closed during the winter break (December 20, 2021 - January 3, 2022). Registrations received during that time will be processed in January in the order in which they were received. **
After you complete the online registration process, you will be required to appear in person at the NWC with your child and your original documents. A registrar will contact you for this appointment. Please note, NWC visits are by appointment only due to Covid-19 precautions.
In order to receive all correspondence from us regarding your registration status:
- ensure your email address is correct on your application
- check your SPAM/JUNK mail
- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact address book
- update the location of your email settings to either Canada or North America
Click on the button below to start your registration:
If you have additional questions, please email us at email@example.com