How do I register my child for the Kindergarten to Grade 7 online program?
If you are interested in finding out more about our Kindergarten to Grade 7 online program, please visit:
How do I register for a Grade 8-9 online course?
If you're a full-time VLN student, you must make an appointment with your counsellor to set up your program. Your counsellor's contact information can be found under the "Contact" tab.
If you're attending a different school and want to take one or two courses simultaneously at VLN, your home school's principal must fill out and sign your Registration Form. You can get this form from your counsellor. Once the form is completed, bring it to the VLN office. Our location is listed in Contact.
How do I register for Grade 10-12 online courses?
If you are presently in a course at another school, you are not permitted to take the same course at VLN. Your school will be providing continuity of learning to allow you to finish that course.
Students must register online for all Grade 10-12 courses.
- Click "Sign Up"
- If you are new to VLN, choose “I do not have a username and password” and follow the prompts. You will receive a User Name and Password by email that will allow you to log into D2L once you've submitted the registration form.
- If you already have a User Name and Password, login to register. If you cannot login, or have forgotten your login information, send an email to VLND2L. Please DO NOT create another user.
- Once you're logged in, choose the course you'd like to enrol in.
- You will have access to the class once you're registered. Scroll down the main page to the My Courses section. Here you will find a link to the class you're registered in. You will need to complete a StartUp Assignment BEFORE you get access to the remainder of the course.
- Click on the class link and there you will find all the instructions you need to complete and submit the StartUp Assignment. Once it has been marked by your teacher, It is sent to the registrar for activation. You'll be able to access the remainder of the course. This may take 2-3 school days.
- Once your StartUp Assignment has been marked, you'll see all additional content and drop boxes for you to complete the course.
- Some courses have required materials and/or optional textbooks that will need to be picked up at the VLN office. You may be required to leave a refundable textbook deposit.
- If you attend an independent school, you must submit proof of Canadian citizenship and your BC Services Card.
- If you are an international student, please refer to International Students.
How do I retake a course?
- If you have completed a VLN course and have received a final mark, you can take the course again immediately to upgrade your mark.
- If you withdrew from a VLN course without completing it, and you want to start the same course again, you must wait at least 9 months from the date you first started the course.
In both cases, you cannot self-enroll. We need to enroll you in the course. Please complete the form here and email it to email@example.com.