Parent Advisory Council
In Person - Library - May 29, 2023 - 6pm
Raise the Funds Frozen Foods Order
Deadline to order: June 9, 2023
Pick up: June 20, 3:00-5:00pm
How to order:
- Fill out the form that was sent home with each child
Submit payment. (payment options below)
Deadline to submit orders to your child’s teacher: Friday, June 9th
Please make sure you are available to pick up your order on June 20th, between 3pm and 5pm
*NOTE: We will NOT be able to store your order for you after this pick-up period!
- Cheque, payable to “Chief Maquinna PAC”. Please include this with your order form
- Interac e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please include in the memo section: “Frozen foods” + student’s name and
division, please indicate the confirmation number on the order form
- Cash. Exact amount, please. No change will be given.
Contact Winnie: email@example.com
To donate to Chief Maquinna PAC, go to:
- under Fund Destination, select “E-Chief Maquinna PAC”
- under Message to School Board, type: Maquinna PAC donation - 'Student Name-Div #'
- online donations $20 or more will qualify for a donation tax receipt
Chief Maquinna PAC is entirely volunteer-run and PAC members receive no monetary rewards for being members of the PAC. All money raised by the PAC goes directly back into the school and is used to enrich the experience of all students at Chief Maquinna.
Chief Maquinna PAC Executive Team email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson - Scott Kaminski
Secretary - Josie Di'Nicola
Treasurer - Ryan Theobald
Member-at-Large - Judy Stoyko
The Maquinna PAC is an amazing group of parent volunteers who go the distance in helping to support not just their own child's educational experience, but that of all students at Maquinna. They fundraise and help support the school in accomplishing our goals for the year. They further help to shape the vision and direction a school takes as well as they assist in providing special resources for classroom teachers. The Maquinna PAC is a committed group of parents who are truly a valued and dedicated partner in their child(ren)'s education. Any parent of a child at Maquinna is automatically a member of Maquinna PAC. The Executive Committee is always looking for new members who are interested in becoming involved in the school.
Why you should come to PAC meetings:
- It is a great way to meet new friends. Socialize with other parents and staff and
feel connected to the school culture.
- Learn new information that you may not normally have ready access to.
- Let your voice be heard... have some input... share some ideas about schooling
and the key issues at our school. The Pac has writes in the school act that allows us to be heard. We can also work with Vancouver DPAC on issues that are of concern to the school system in general.
- Enhance your child's educational experience.
- Find out how you can become involved in helping or running school events.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PAC
- Raised funds to build an intermediate playground which was completed in 2009.
- Raised funds to build a primary playground which was completed in 2012.
- Raised funds to purchase a large amount of new books for the school library in 2017.
- Raised funds to purchased enough iPads in 2017-2018 to enable the school to have one set of iPads for the intermediate classes, one set for the primary classes, and enough for all the resource teachers to use for assisting students.
- Raised funds to get a swing installed for the 2021-2022 school year