Mandarin Bilingual Program
UPDATE: Mandarin Bilingual Program Move
The District has relocated the Mandarin Bilingual choice program from Jamieson Elementary to Trudeau Elementary.
The Mandarin Bilingual Program helps students
- Learn Mandarin in an effective and challenging way
- Participate in rich Mandarin cultural learning experiences
- Meet new friends
- Learn a second language that will give students an edge in the working world
- Participate with motivated students in a high energy environment! Join a unique program!
More information about applying to the Mandarin program at Trudeau can be found by visiting their website.
VSB Mandarin Bilingual Program
The Mandarin Bilingual program is a unique choice program - core curriculum is taught in English, and Mandarin is delivered through Mandarin Language Arts. All requirements of the BC curriculum are covered - the program starts in grade 4 and continues through to grade 7.
This Program is Designed for Students Who
- Are residents of Vancouver
- Are fluent in English and have strong English reading and writing skills
- Will be entering grade 4 in September and do not have Chinese literacy skills
- OR If there is space, are entering Grade 5 and 6 and have appropriate Chinese Literacy Skills for specific Grade group openings.
The Program Will help Develop…
- Mandarin oral communication skills for a variety of situations
- Reading and writing skills using Chinese characters
High School Continuation
The program continues at Eric Hamber Secondary School
The number of students in each class follows the BC Ministry class size regulations.