Parent Advisory Council
What is PAC?
The Vancouver School Board adopted a plan in 1975 to achieve two goals: the first was to enable parents and guardians to play an active role in educational decision making, a role that parents and guardians had been seeking as increasingly sophisticated consumers of the education system; the second objective was to increase community awareness of school programs based on the assumption that knowledgeable parents and guardians would be strong advocates for Vancouver's public schools.
In keeping with this plan, our False Creek PAC aims to achieve several goals:
- To provide information to parents and guardians regarding school and district programs and a regular forum for discussion of these and other topics concerning educational issues
- To provide a variety of activities and events to build and strengthen our school community
- To raise funds to supplement programs and supplies not provided by the Vancouver School Board
- To provide representation at the District Parent Advisory Council
- Who can join PAC?
- All parents and guardians of False Creek Elementary School are encouraged to join PAC. There are many ways to get involved – as a member of the PAC Executives and Committees, as a volunteer for on-going and special PAC events, as a contributor to our PAC fundraising initiatives and as a participant in PAC meetings and PAC.
- When does PAC meet?
- PAC meetings are held monthly. Meeting dates and times are posted in advance. Meetings are typically 1.5 hours and on Monday or Tuesday evenings. Childcare is provided at the school by our grade 7 students.
- Additionally, there are a number of regular volunteer opportunities such as helping with our bi-weekly PAC Lunch Program and Library Book Covering. We also have opportunities throughout the year for events that need volunteers to be successful (social events, fundraising events, sports day and many more.)
- How do I stay informed about PAC?
- Attend monthly PAC meetings
- View the PAC bulletin board at the main entrance to the school
- Visit our PAC website: www.falsecreekpac.ca
- Add your email to our distribution list (submitted on the student information form distributed by the school) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact a PAC representative (contact information is located on the bulletin board and website)