International students may choose to participate in homestay with a local family while enrolled in a Vancouver public school.
- students experience Canadian culture, customs, expectations
- orientation information session
- custodianship available, if requested
- support and supervision by homestay co-ordinator
- airport pickup possible upon request
Host families provide:
- welcoming, friendly environment
- caring host parents
- private bedroom
- study area with window
- three meals a day
How to apply for homestay
- Complete the application process for the VSB international program and pay tuition and medical insurance fees.
- Apply to a homestay provider. Complete the homestay application form as soon as possible, as host family accommodation is limited.
- A host family placement will be made, according to school location and other preferences as closely as possible.
- Students will receive a profile of their host family, with contact information.
- Send the VSB Custodianship Agreement and the Student Information Form to the International Education office at: email@example.com.
A list of Vancouver area homestay providers is available upon request from the International Education office.