How can I get involved at Osler?
What is the OPG?
- The OPG, also known as the Osler Parent Group, is Sir William Osler Elementary School’s PAC or Parent Advisory Council.
- The OPG is made up of volunteer parents and guardians of students attending Osler Elementary School.
What does the OPG do?
- Our main purpose is to enhance the educational experience of all the students attending Osler.
- We raise funds to help subsidize activities and make purchases for the school. We’ve accomplished and currently funding the following:
- enhanced our technology by purchasing Smart Boards, 30 iPad Minis, and new computers for the Library
- subsidizing cultural, theatrical, and musical presentations
- subsidizing field trips and other educational outings
- supplementing classroom learning resources and sports equipment
- sponsoring internet safety and sexual health education workshops
- expanding our library collection
- rebuilding the school playground
- purchasing Earthquake Kits providing water for the Terry Fox Run and Sport’s Day
- At this time, we are raising funds through our Tuesday Hot Lunch Program, the Store Cards Fundraiser, Bake Sales, and through Direct Donations. We welcome your ideas and your help with our fundraising efforts.
- We also organize school community building events such as the Hallowe’en Spooktacular Carnival and the OPG Dance.
Who can be a part of the OPG? How can I get involved?
- You already are. As a parent or guardian of a student who is currently registered at Sir William Osler Elementary, you are already part of the OPG.
- We welcome and encourage you to sign-up and volunteer your time for the many events and activities, share your ideas on how to make Osler a better place to learn, attend the meetings, and most of all, have fun participating at the many school events!
We need your help! Let’s work together to make Osler Elementary an even better place for learning!
- OPG是 Osler Parent Group的简称, 就是 Osler小学家长委员会
- 体育用品及运动会奖品：如Terry Fox筹款跑步活动的饮用水，田径队设备等。