Youth WORK in Trades
Combine high school instruction with paid, part-time, on-the-job training and receive credit towards apprenticeship and high school graduation.
The Youth WORK in Trades program allows students to start their apprenticeship training while enrolled in Grade 10, 11 or 12.
- Earn up to 16 high school credits when a formal SkilledTradesBC (previously Industry Training Authority (ITA)) agreement is signed by the employer.
- Receive a Youth WORK in Trades certificate upon graduation.
- Must be employed in a recognized trade area.
- A hidden apprentice? Read more
- An apprentice looking for training? Complete an application for registered apprentices
Discover more about apprenticeship on the SkilledTradesBC Apprenticeship Services website.