Certain required documents are needed to determine eligibility and ensure the school has the information needed to maximize the health and security of the student(s). Download a checklist here.
Documents that are not in English or French need to be translated in English by a certified translator.
1. PROOF OF RESIDENCE IN the CITY OF VANCOUVER:
- The documents provided need to clearly show the parent(s) or legal guardian name and address in the city of Vancouver.
- Schools experiencing enrollment pressure may request additional identification as proof of residency.
- You will need to provide:
|One of the following:|
Homeowners: Recent property tax
statement, empty home tax statement or a purchase agreement,
with subject removal and a deposit
receipt if you just bought a new home
Tenants: Long-term rental or lease
- attach the entire Residential Tenancy Agreement
- Please print and complete the
Tenancy Agreement Form,
if your landlord does not provide one
|AND an additional proof of residence. Examples include:|
- Cell or home phone statement
- Canadian bank account statement
- Car insurance statement
- Loan payment
- Tenant insurance
- Electricity bill
- BC ID or Driver's license
- Official membership documentation for a local social, education, business, or religious organization
2. PROOF OF STUDENT BIRTHDATE AND PARENTAL INFORMATION
- Original birth certificate, if this document is not in English or French, please also include a translated version.
- The birth certificate should ideally show the parents' names.
3. PROOF OF STATUS IN CANADA (BOTH PARENT(S) AND STUDENT(S))
- Access the Eligibility of Students for Operating Grant Funding page on the Government of British Columbia website. This website will provide you with more detailed information.
- Examples of the documents you can provide here include:
|Permanent Residents||Option 1: Permanent Residence confirmation letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and Passport(s) or Option 2: Copies of the Permanent Residence Card(s)|
|Work Permit Holders||Work Permit for a period of one year or more from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and Passport(s) and an employment letter for minimum of one year for at least 20 hours per week|
|Study Permit Holders||Study Permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and Passport(s) and Parent(s) admission letter and payment receipt for a full-time degree or diploma program at a public post-secondary institution in British Columbia or a degree program at a private post-secondary institution in British Columbia|
|Refugees and Protected Persons||Refugee Claimant document and/or any other relevant immigration document|
|Diplomats||Diplomatic card and Passport(s)|
|Canadian Citizens||Canadian passport or citizenship card or certificate or Indigenous status identification card|
4. STUDENT IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
- If immunization records are available, you do not need to translate them.
- Please also include other important health information (e.g. medical alerts)
5. STUDENT REPORT CARDS
- Elementary - Most recent report card
- Secondary - All report cards from Grade 7 (age 13 to present)
- Any Individual Education Plan (IEP), Psycho-Education Reports, or Medical Reports, this is particularly important if your child has diverse learning needs.
6. ANY OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTATION
- Other relevant information can include documentation outlining parental responsibility, such as: