SWIS Youth Services
SWIS Youth Team and SWIS Workers are dedicated to working with school communities to support youth to stay in school and improve their chances of pursuing meaningful educational and employment opportunities.
Who are the youth we work with?
- Secondary newcomer youth, with a focus on those in grades 10-12, coming from diverse backgrounds in the Vancouver school district
What do we do?
- Develop opportunities and safe space for youth to participate in activities during and after school
- Support youth in their settlement process and in promoting their engagement in school and community in a group or one-on-one settings
- Support youth in cultivating confidence and developing personal and leadership skills to achieve their educational and employment goals
- Support youth in developing a high school transition plan
The SWIS Team received the Honourable Mention award under the Education category from Canadian Race Relations Foundation and have continued to promote positive race relations and awareness of Canadian values and identity for newcomer youth in the Vancouver school system.
Check out Our Youth Team Buzz Newsletter 2023-2024.pdf