Library / Learning Commons
Welcome to the Hastings School Library!
We would like to welcome you our library. Our collection contains a wide variety of wonderful French and English books for readers of all levels. New titles are always being added and we would love to help you find what you're looking for.
Our library is a great place for students to learn. The library is open throughout the school day. For more details on its schedule contact our school office.
Checking Your Library Account
We encourage all students and parents/guardians of younger students to check their school library accounts on a regular basis. This helps students keep track of their library books.
By checking your account, you can find out:
- Which and how many books you have checked out.
- When your books are due.
- If you have lost or overdue books.
- In addition, you can create and save lists of books that interest you.
To access your account, follow these steps:
- Go to https://library.vsb.bc.ca.
- Find Hastings School and click on it.
- Click on the "Login" button.
- Enter your VSB student number and password. If you are having difficulty with your password please visit https://studentpass.vsb.bc.ca/. (Student PEN # is required).
- Once you're signed in, you can search our catalogue using keyword, title, author, series, etc.
Databases, eBooks and Videos
The Vancouver School District provides all students with access to a digital library filled with databases, ebooks and video services. (A database is an organized collection of information and an ebook is an electronic book).
Students can find information to do research and complete assignments, read and interact with ebooks and watch educational videos.
Library Club Monitors
Our Library Club Monitors group, made up of senior students, contribute their time to help our library run smoothly. In addition, we always welcome family volunteers interested in helping out.
Coding in the Library
The library is also home to a class set of Sphero SPRKS (small programmable robots) which are used to teach basic coding skills to intermediate students.