Who We Are - Point Grey Secondary School's Counsellors
Grade 9 - Mr. Cordoni (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grade 12 - Ms. Agius (email@example.com)
Grade 11 - Ms. Chittenden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grade 10 - Ms. Sim (email@example.com)
Grade 8 - Mr. Cordoni - last name A - K (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms. Chittenden - last name L - Q (email@example.com)
- Ms. Sim - last name R - Z (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Counsellors will follow their students from Grade 9 through to Grade 12. Please contact us by e-mail or by phone through the school switchboard (604-713-8220) for any matter, or to make an appointment to visit in person. Please arrange to visit us in advance before coming to the school.
Our counselling team provides academic, career and personal counselling.
Academic Counselling includes assisting students in:
- Discovering their strengths and needs.
- Selecting appropriate and relevant courses for achieving personal goals (please see "Course Selection" below).
- Understanding the behaviours and attitudes that help lead to educational and personal success.
- Accessing post-secondary information about programs, admission requirements and scholarships.
- Working with other students, parents, teachers, and people from the community as a resource.
Career Counselling includes assisting students in:
- Examining their abilities and interests and relating those to potential roles in the world of work.
- Recognizing the relationships between school subjects, leisure activities and occupations.
- Planning and accessing short and long term goals.
- Becoming aware of the variety of careers and occupations available.
Personal Counselling includes assisting students in:
- Self-awareness; strengths, needs and values.
- Goal setting, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Developing and mentoring positive relationships.
- Accessing support for mental health concerns.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Dealing with a wide range of social, personal and developmental issues.
- Accessing services in the community.