Trudeau Elementary has a long and colourful history. The first school, the North Arm School, was built in 1885, which is now the south-eastern area of Vancouver. In 1912, the first Walter Moberly Elementary School was constructed at Ross Street and East 59th Avenue. The original two-room school was used as the "annex" until the new Moberly School was constructed at the present site in 1961.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Elementary School officially opened its doors as a new facility in September 2002, adding 100 students in grades 4-7 to our school community.
The staff and students from the school previously known as Moberly Annex welcomed the new intermediate students and teaching staff. In January 2003 we moved into the new classrooms, and administration wing, library, gym, multipurpose room and computer lab. Everyone was very excited to unpack and settle into the beautiful new school.
In September of 2018, we welcomed one of the district primary autism programs to our school. This program has now been renamed the CORE program (Communication and Regulation). In September 2020, we welcomed the Mandarin Bilingual Program to Trudeau. The program is gradually being relocated here from Jamieson Elementary.