Flex Humanities Family Information Night
will be held Thursday, October 6th, 2022 from 7-9pm in the Auditorium at Vancouver Technical Secondary.
Program Contact: Dale Martelli firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, please check out our webpage here
- REGISTER with the VSB between November 7th - December 15, 2022 here
- Application form: Please apply here
- Complete Application due: 15 December 2022 by 3:00pm
- Flex Humanities Intake Day: 16 January 2023 from 9am to 12pm (All applicants welcome)
- Complete Intake Essay on 16 January 2023 by 12 p.m. (either on Intake Day in person or if you are not able to attend, please complete the intake form online: https://forms.office.com/r/C5Fh3zCC12)
- First Offers: 22 February 2023 (48 hr acceptance window)
- Second Offers: 1 March 2023 (24 hr acceptance window)
- Submitting supporting documents should be emailed to: VTFlexHum@vsbworld.onmicrosoft.com
(Grade 6 & 7 report cards - required)
(Portfolios & reference letters - optional)
Flex Humanities is a program that integrates Philosophy, World Literature, History, Fine Arts, Film and Media Studies, and Integrated Arts and Technology from grades 8 – 12. In normal times, we begin each year with a community building outdoor camp. The Flex Humanities students attend plays, films, and music productions and Fort Langley is a major history field study in grade 9. In grade 12, the students will participate in a major culminative field study; in past years, this trip as involved Quebec City/Montreal or New York.
The program provides a supportive, stimulating and challenging environment for self-motivated learners. Students are encouraged to develop their intellect by emphasizing critical thinking skills, analytical writing, cooperative learning, and open format projects. The program has been designed to meet the needs of above average ability students who are interested in working with other self-motivated students.