VSB's Mini School programs provide enrichment opportunities for highly motivated students who are Vancouver residents, consistently work at an Applying level and have excellent work habits.
Students must apply to each program separately as per each program's process.
District Mini School General Registry will open on November 14th, 2023 (9:00 a.m.) through December 21st, 2023 (3:00 p.m.). Link to registry will be available on this page as of November 14th, 2023.
Each year over 1,400 students apply for approximately 500 Grade 8 spaces in the Mini School programs.
There is no District-wide Assessment/Test for Grade 7 students as part of the Mini School application process. However, interested students must complete both the District Registry process and apply directly to the Mini School programs through the Mini School program websites.
Program information nights will be held in person or through digital platforms. Information about each information night will be posted on the program websites (see below).
All Vancouver School District secondary schools have a variety of challenging and exciting programs and courses. Many schools have also developed their school-based enrichment program for a wide variety of interests and abilities.
Mini-school programs begin at the Grade 8 level.
Contact the programs directly for information, contact information and application forms. Information Nights begin at 7:00 pm unless indicated otherwise.
- Britannia Venture Program - Information Night November 7, 2023
- Britannia Hockey Academy - Information Night November 7, 2023 (6:00pm)
- Byng Arts Mini School - Information Night October 24, 2023
- David Thompson Odyssey Program - Information Night October 18, 2023
- Gladstone Mini School - Information Night October 4, 2023
- Hamber Challenge Studio Program - Information Night November 1, 2023
- Ideal Mini School (Sir Winston Churchill Secondary) - Information Night November 2, 2023
- John Oliver Digital Immersion Mini School - Information Night October 23, 2023
- Killarney Computer Science Mini School - Information Night November 9, 2023 (6:00 pm)
- King George Mini - Information Night November 6, 2023
- Magee SPARTS - Information Night October 23, 2023
- Point Grey Mini School - Information Night November 8, 2023
- Prince of Wales Mini School Information Night October 17, 2023
- Templeton Mini School Information Night October 26, 2023
- Tupper Mini Information Night October 12, 2023
- Vancouver Technical Flex Humanities Program Information Night October 25, 2023 (6:00 pm)
- Vancouver Technical Summit Program Information Night October 25, 2023
- Windermere Leadership Information Information Night November 3, 2023
Important registration information for Mini Schools
International Baccalaureate Program
Churchill Synergy Program
Information Powerpoint - please note this is not a district program.
TREK Outdoor Education Program
- TREK is a district outdoor leadership program based at Prince of Wales Secondary School, designed to offer integrated learning opportunities for Grade 10 Students. TREK focuses on place-based education, environmental sustainability, active citizenship and outdoor adventure and challenge.