Student Records

Student Records for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students

Read below for information on requesting transcripts for students attending the Vancouver School District 39.

1) Transcript Information

Access to record

Official transcripts can be obtained from the Ministry of Education in Victoria B.C.  Information on obtaining a transcript from the Ministry can be found at

Please note the VSB Student Records department does not store or provide Transcripts.

Processing Fees

Please refer to the Ministry of Education website for current processing fees:


2) Permanent Student Record

Access to record
If your last school attended was in a Vancouver public school, then a copy of your Permanent Student Record can be obtained by completing the student record request form (Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 or higher required for viewing and printing – or call the Learning and Information Technology Department of VSB at (604) 713-5311 for a form to be sent to you).

Who can authorize the release of student records?
Students that are 19 years of age or older at the time of the request must provide the authorization to release the Permanent Student Record information, otherwise, either the parent or legal guardian can provide the authorization.

Please Note: To ensure the privacy of the student data, permanent student records will only be released upon receipt of valid photographic proof of identity (e.g. driver’s licence, passport etc.) of the authorized requestor of the information (i.e. student if 19 or older and parent/legal guardian if the student is under 19).

Processing Fees
VSB provides copies of the Permanent Student Record card @ $10.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for each additional copy. Payment can be made by cash (only in person at the Learning and Information Technology department office) or by cheque or money order.


Summer School, Night School Academic Credit Courses, & Adult Education Centre records:

For information on these records please contact Community Education Services by telephoning (604) 713-4500

For further information on Continuing Education, go to