Library / Learning Commons
PW Library Learning Commons – to access digital resources you will need your student number or staff email username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and email password. Also check the All Students@Prince of Wales TEAM Library channel for additional resource help sheets.
Open Monday – Friday every day school is in session.
- Morning: 8:15 am – 8:40am
- Lunch - 11:40 - 12:10pm
- After school – until 3:40pm most days
Please adhere to these COVID guidelines:
- Wear your mask at all times while in the Library.
- Social distance (as much as possible) and limit the number of items you touch when browsing books, using computers, tables and office supplies (e.g. stapler, hole punch etc.).
We are constantly adding new books, audiobooks and e-books, so make sure you log in to access the material. If the screen is green, you can only browse since you are NOT logged in (once logged in it turns blue and will have your name at the top).
We have a network of computers with access to resources such as a full text magazine index, and electronic encyclopedias as well as WIFI access for student's own digital devices. You can also use these resources from your home when you login. You will also need to authenticate again using username: 39pw and the "secret password". Come and ask if you have forgotten.
BEING A VOLUNTEER LIBRARY MONITOR
Monitors can apply in the fall – check your All Student Team, Student bulletin and PA announcement for the application deadline. Or you can come and ask us too! You should be able to commit to at least two 1/2 hour shifts a week.
Some of your duties include:
- Signing materials in and out using the Follett automated circulation system
- Shelving materials and tidy shelves
- Checking that materials are in the right place and in the correct order and pulling material for teachers and students
- Assisting other students with printing, scanning and online searching
- Benefits: Volunteer hours and first access to all the “New Reads”
LIBRARY COMMUNITY SERVICE 11/12 STUDENT
We need Community Service students! Please see a Teacher-Librarian if you are interested.
- Circulation tasks
- Books displays
- Processing new library material
- Clerical tasks using word, spreadsheets, receiving invoices, answering phone etc.
- Book repairs – with archival material
- Supervision and training of volunteers monitors
Ms. A Brett, Teacher-Librarian (both semesters) and Mr. D. Smith, Graphic Arts Teacher (Semester two second block only)