Library / Learning Commons
Our library is open from Monday to Thursday.
Monday to Thursday:
8:35am - 8:55am
Monday to Thursday:
3:00pm - 3:20pm
*note: After school on Thursdays we are only open for 10 minutes for book exchange and library monitors to help tidy and get things ready for the next week.
Books can be taken out for 2 weeks, and renewed by visiting the library. Having books that are overdue means that you won’t be able to take out any more books!
Students can check out 2 books at a time.
To keep track of what books you have checked out:
- Go to library.vsb.bc.ca
- Click on Tecumseh Elementary School
- Use your student number to Log In (same as logging onto a computer at school)
- Your record is under "Circulation"
- Browse the school "Catalog" to find books you'd like to read
- Access to digital databases paid for by VSB from home or any device
- BookFLIX, Starfall, National Geographic Kids, World Book, etc.
- Mrs. Broadland put together a tutorial on how to search for library resources using Destiny Discover:
Computer Use in the Library
The Tecumseh library has eight computer stations for student use. Students can use their student ID to log in. Headphones are available from the teacher librarian. Please make sure you return them after you are done.
Online Research in the Library
The Vancouver School Board provides all students with access to a digital library that has an excellent collection of resources like World Book Online, The Canadian Encyclopedia, Science Power, BookFLIX, National Geographic and much more. These resources are wonderful sources of all kinds of information. They are especially helpful for doing research on a variety of topics.
Access these resources through library.vsb.bc.ca or by visiting our Research Skills
Most databases do not require another password, but if they do, use the following:
- your VSB username and VSB password (same as webmail, Office365, logging on, etc.)
- Tecumseh student UserID is 39tc, and the password is library
- for the Province and Vancouver Sun databases use email@example.com with the password library.
- You can even translate these papers into the language of your choice!
Volunteering at Tecumseh Library
School libraries bring families, teachers, students, and books together.Students interested in being a part of the library can visit the Library Monitor page for more information. For parents, being a part of something special at your child's school is easier than you think. There are lots of ways to volunteer in our school library. Please see me in the library if you are interested in volunteering.
Please note that this library website is a work-in-progress. Some content may be out of date. It is recognized that with the updated BC Curriculum, some of the content may be incorrect or referenced under a different grade.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions or concerns about the library please feel free to contact one of our Teacher-Librarians.