Renewals and Check Outs for Teachers
FROM THE "CHECK OUT" MODULE at the circulation computer ...
1) SCAN THE STUDENT'S GO-CARD
- A list of the items checked out will appear on the screen.
2) CHECK THE BOOK FOR DAMAGES.
- If you notice some damages and there is no "ouch label", or pink slip already in the book, call the teacher librarian for assistance.
3) IF THERE ARE NO DAMAGES:
- Click on the "RENEW" button (to the right of the title being renewed).
4) REMIND STUDENT OF THE NEW DUE DATE & INSERT A NEW 'DATE DUE' SLIP IN THE BOOK.
Note: Books that are being renewed were already de-sensitized when they were checked out the first time. But it doesn’t hurt to de-sensitize them again. Just to make sure the alarm does not sound.
HELPING STUDENTS WITH ONLINE RENEWALS THROUGH VSB LIBRARY
If books are overdue, students must bring books in to the library.
If books are not overdue, and the student has forgotten them at home, the student can renew the book(s) on line.
1) Log in to VSB LIBRARY".
2) Select “MY INFO" tab from top blue menu.
Student will see a list of all items checked out.
4) If the item is not overdue, simply click on the "renew" button or "renew all".
5) Check that the date has moved to a future date.
6) Log out of "VSB LIBRARY".
CHECKING OUT MATERIALS FOR TEACHERS
The procedure for checking out books and renewing books is the same for teachers.
The only difference is that the Teacher’s Cards are kept in a purple card box at the circulation desk.
You will find the box on the counter, to the right of the circulation computer. The cards are arranged alphabetically by the teacher's last name.
You can either find the card & scan the barcode,
Look up the teachers’ name (See instructions posted on the circulation computer.) Then follow the same check out procedure as for students (See Lesson 1).