Checking Out Materials
STEPS FOR CHECKING OUT BOOKS
1) Before checking out a book or materials, ALWAYS MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO DAMAGES!!
If a book already has an “OUCH” label on it, continue to step 2.
If there is no “OUCH” label, fill out a pink damaged slip.
2) MAKE SURE THE COMPUTER IS ON THE "CHECK OUT" MODULE.
3) SCAN STUDENT'S GO-CARD.
NO GO-CARD? Ask to see the student’s computer print out of his/her schedule.
You can look up the student’s library account until new Go-Cards are distributed.
- IF THE COMPUTER BEEPS WHEN YOU SCAN THE GO-CARD or look up a borrower, READ WHAT IS ON THE SCREEN!**
- If a student has an overdue book, tell him / her what they have out & ask that they can not borrow any more materials until they have returned the overdue.
- If any other message appears, call the teacher-librarian or ask the student to see the teacher-librarian later.
4) SCAN BARCODE FOR EACH ITEM
Books / PBs / Reference: The barcode is on the top left-hand corner of the book.
Videos: It is either on the video case, or on the video itself - inside the case.
5) DE-SENSITIZE books.
6) PUT A DATE DUE SLIP IN THE BOOK.
Remind the student to return or renew the item before the date due.
LIBRARY LOANS BOOKS (Fiction / Non-Fiction / Paperbacks / Hard Covers):2 weeks MAGAZINES (Back Issues Only): 2 weeks AUDIO-VISUAL MATERIALS (VIDEOS / DVDS / CDS): 2 weeks REFERENCE MATERIALS (Encyclopedias): OVERNIGHT LOAN (Check out at 3:05 / Due back before 8:30 a.m. the next school day.
5) DE-SENSITIZE BOOKS & MAGAZINES ONLY!
NEVER … EVER! DESENSITIZE DVD CASES.
Passing these through the 3M machine will erase the audio on the tapes.
6) CLICK ON "RESET" to clear screen & to move to next borrower.