General Information & Basic Reminders
CAN'T COME IN FOR YOUR LIBRARY SHIFT?
EMAIL MS. BOMBINO, IN ADVANCE!
Consider yourself as having a regular job.
If you are away it will affect service.
Email Ms. Bombino at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can notify supervisors and make arrangements for coverage of duties.
LOOKING UP STUDENT RECORDS?
Go-Cards have now been distributed.
Always use the student Go-Card or search by student number.
CLOSURES DUE TO MEETINGS
CHECK THE HOME PAGE OF THE LIBRARY WEBSITE OR THE LIBRARY CALENDAR THAT IS POSTED AT THE CIRCULATION DESK.
Closures may be due to meetings, special events, and/or Pro-D days. Be informed.
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?
USE THE PROCEDURES MANUAL
Ms. Bombino has shown you a lot of clerical tasks and procedures - perhaps too many, in a short period of time. If you can't remember how to do something, look it up and follow the instructions.
- The manual (red binder) is located on the table,where you sign in for library duty. It includes all the basic library tasks.
- The Table of Contents page is actually an index - alphabetically arranged, so that you can find information quickly.
Still don't understand how to do a job? Ask Ms. Bombino to review with you. All you have to do is ask for help.
FIND A MESS?
PLEASE, CLEAN IT UP.
- Pick up stray books & newspapers that people have left behind.
- Put books on the shelving cart - to be re-shelved.
- Recycle papers, put pencils and pens back in the box at the student work station.
- If you find writing on tables, clean them off. There are paper towels & a spray bottle of cleaning fluid at the circulation desk.
- If it's a BIG MESS, tell Ms. Bombino.
Nothing to do at the circulation desk? Don't have anything to do?
Check the wire tray (basket) located on top of the filing cabinet, next to the library monitors' sign in desk.
Ms. Bombino will leave instructions for other jobs there. If the tray is empty, you can always tidy up the magazines in the magazine corner.
When you finish a task, remember to leave Ms. Bombino a note to tell her where you left off.
LUNCH TIME MONITORS
When Ms. Bombino has completed her 30 hours of supervision she is no longer in the library at lunch time.
Other teachers will be supervising at lunch.
If the supervisor has not opened the library doors by 11:40 a.m.:
- Go the office & tell one of the secretaries that you are a library monitor & that the supervisor has not shown up to open the library.
- Then go back to the library and wait for someone to show up.
- The secretaries will contact the teacher on duty, or call Ms. Bombino.
If there is an emergency or someone needs to reach Ms. Bombino, she is usually in the staff cafeteria or in the school store.
Ms. Bombino will be back before the 12:20 bell rings.
If there are any other problems you can speak with her at that time.
IN SUMMARY ... If you want to review any of the information, the links on the left hand menu of this page should provide details.
All future communications will be in the form of an emails, direct from Ms. Bombino.
Please check your emails at least once a week to make sure nothing new has come up.