Secondary & Adult Education Students
Vancouver Learning Network (VLN) offers full-time and part-time studies to secondary students in Grades 8-12 and adult education students.
Secondary students in Grades 8-12 and adult education students wanting to attend VLN full-time must contact our main office at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting with a counsellor.
For part-time studies or to take individual courses, students in Grades 8 and 9 should obtain a VLN Grade 8/9 Registration Form from their school counsellor or our main office. Students in Grades 10 to 12 can self-register for courses online using the steps below.
How to register (Grades 10 – 12):
- Visit the online registration form.
- If you are new to VLN, choose “I do not have a username and password” and follow the prompts. You will receive a username and password via email that will allow you to login to Brightspace where you will access your online courses.
- If you already have a username and password, proceed with your login details to register for courses. If you cannot login or have forgotten your login information, send an email to VLN Support. *Please do not create another username*
- Once you are logged in, select the courses you wish to enroll in. VLN offers 90+ secondary level courses, including Advanced Placement courses. For a list of available courses, view the Course List.
- Scroll down the ‘My Courses’ section of Brightspace for links to your course(s). You will need to complete a Start-Up Assignment before you gain access to your course(s).
- Click on a course link for instructions to complete and submit the Start-Up Assignment.
- Once your Start-Up Assignment is marked by your teacher, you will receive full access to the course. This may take 2-3 school days.
- You are ready to start your course(s)! Please note some courses have required materials and/or optional textbooks that will need to be picked up at the VLN office. You may be required to leave a refundable textbook deposit.
Questions about VLN’s secondary and adult student program? Contact our main office at 604- 713-5520 or email us at:email@example.com