Entrepreneurship 12 Course Overview
Design for the life cycle includes consideration of social and environmental impacts.
Services and products can be designed through consultation and collaboration.
Tools and technologies can be adapted for specific purposes.
Entrepreneurship 12 is a course designed to prepare you for any first-year university or college business course and will touch on theories and principles at that level. It will focus on entrepreneurship at the personal, social, national, and global levels that affect everyone and everything from the price of goods and values and characteristics of successful entrepreneurs and maintaining financials. This course will discuss business strategies and theories that we will put into practice. Students gain an introductory understanding they can use to continue their academic studies or begin their own companies. Students will create a business plan with the skills necessary to build values, characteristics often associated with successful entrepreneurs.
The course teaches students about aspects of a business such as:
- The way businesses function
- The role businesses and leader play in society
- Opportunities it generates for individuals
- Impact on people’s lives
Where does this course fit?
- Prerequisites: None
- Graduation Status: One of the Grade 10/11/12 ADST/Arts Education options for graduation
- Entrepreneurship 12 is recommended for students in grade 11 and 12 who are interested in pursuing or interested in starting their own business.
- This is an online delivered course. You will need access to a device with an internet connection. There is no test currently offered for this course.
- There will be individual and group projects, as well as regular homework assignments. You will be responsible to hand in assignments on time or make up missed/uncompleted work.
The Making of An Entrepreneur
Generating and Evaluating Business
Decide on a Business Structure
ABCs of Marketing Your Business
Financing Your Business and Keeping Financial Records
Assessment Percentage Breakdown
Percentage of the Course
Business Plan Project
You have up to a year to complete your course.