Core French 8 Course Overview
Listening and viewing with intent helps us begin to understand French.
Both verbal and non-verbal cues contribute meaning in language.
With simple French, we can describe ourselves and our interests.
Reciprocal communication in French is possible using high-frequency vocabulary and sentence structures.
Stories help us to acquire language.
Each culture has traditions and ways of celebrating.
In this course the students will learn basic conversational French and Francophone Culture.
They will acquire language through listening, repeating, and reading. They will be able to use vocabulary & grammar acquired within the context of stories to communicate in authentic situations. They will: practice correct pronunciation and intonation to enhance verbal communication, extract info from a story and respond to verbal & written questions, Revise, edit, & proofread writing focusing on grammar, spelling, punctuation & style. They will Explore and share information about Francophone communities around the world.
Where does this course fit?
- Pre-requisites: None
- Follow-up Courses:French 9
- French 8 is a 4-credit course which is based on a minimum of 120 hours of work.
- A large portion of the course is conducted within the program D’accord 1 by Vista Higher Learning (VHL) Central.
- The auto-graded assignments, written tasks, oral tasks, and quizzes are broken down in five units: Leçons 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B. They should be completed in the order in which they are offered.
- The course requires the use of:
- USB Headset with microphone
- Minimum hardware/software computer requirements:
- access to Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint. (In the case you don't have it, you can download a free open-source office suite at Apache Open Office ).
- MAC users, do NOT send in "pages files". You need to make sure to submit work in word or PDF format.
Assessment Percentage Breakdown
Percentage of the Course
Start Up assignment
Teacher-graded written tasks
Teacher-graded oral tasks
Your final assessment will be represented on this Proficiency Scale.
You have up to a year to complete your course.