Physical and Health Education 10
Physical and Health Education 10 Course Overview
Understanding our strengths, weaknesses, and personal preferences helps us plan and achieve our goals.
Trying a variety of physical activities can increase the likelihood that we will be active throughout our lives.
Healthy choices influence, and are influenced by, our physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
Personal fitness can be maintained and improved through regular participation in physical activities.
This is an ongoing year long course without boundaries like at any regular school. By this I mean you can register anytime during the year (including summertime) and you have a year to complete the course although it should never take that long.
It follows the 4 main concepts called core competencies that the Ministry of Education has put forward for the new curriculum and these are the 4 units of the course.
Once you register, you will have partial access to the course which will be enough information for you to complete the first assignment information called the StartUp Assignment. Once this is marked, you will be activated and have full access to the course so you can complete all four units entirely online.
Where does this course fit?
- Prerequisites: Completion of Physical and Health Education 9
- Graduation Status: Course required for graduation
- Also, you will not receive a credit for this course without completing the Physical Activity Journal according to all the specified requirements.
- A computer
- Access to some sports equipment for football, badminton, soccer, frisbee and basketball
1. Physical Literacy and Daily Physical Activity
2. Healthy and Active Living
3. Social and Community Health
4. Mental Well-Being
Assessment Percentage Breakdown
Percentage of the Course
Activity Journal/Summary Reflection
Unit 1 Assignments and Quizzes
Unit 2 Assignments and Quizzes
Unit 3 Assignments and Quizzes
Unit 4 Assignment and Quizzes
You have up to a year to complete your course.